ProjectNyoka Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Favorite Book/Authors

+5
Voxezi
Rhynn
Cassowary
TheCompleteAnimorph
SilentSkieBlue
9 posters

Go down

Favorite Book/Authors Empty Favorite Book/Authors

Post by SilentSkieBlue Sat Jul 09, 2011 1:54 am

I love Terry Pratchett, and Naomi Noviks Temeraire books are great stories. My favorite book is Nation, and I can pull almost-quotations out from some of Terry Pratchett's Discworld books out of thin air. Dare me. I dare you to dare me.

Anyway, just talk about what you like to read here, and talk with others about what they posted. And yes, some people are going to hate whatever you happen to like with fiery passion, or vice versa. If you don't like a book or author someone else posted, don't bring it up--bring up something else. Hate stay low plz.
SilentSkieBlue
SilentSkieBlue
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Favorite Book/Authors Empty Re: Favorite Book/Authors

Post by TheCompleteAnimorph Sat Jul 09, 2011 2:19 am

My favorite book is the one I'm currently writing. -snuggles unfinished Etheria close to self- Outside of that, OMG YAY DISCWORLD. I like The Amazing Maurice And His Educated Rodents, myself. Also have a major soft spot for Animorphs, as my username suggests.
TheCompleteAnimorph
TheCompleteAnimorph
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post by Cassowary Sat Jul 09, 2011 2:46 pm

Terry Pratchett <3

Also, HP Lovecraft and other associated "horror" writers (ex. Rpbert Bloch).
Cassowary
Cassowary
Major
Major

http://rheadark.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Rhynn Sat Jul 09, 2011 4:46 pm

Pratchett is cool, yeah ^_^ I also LOVE the Ghormengast books, by Mervyn Peake. Slightly old but really awesome!
Rhynn
Rhynn
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

http://roccaraven.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Voxezi Sat Jul 09, 2011 5:05 pm

Pratchett!

Also Ender's Game series, Dune and the Bartimaeus series.
Voxezi
Voxezi

Back to top Go down

Post by Agni Fri Jul 15, 2011 5:23 pm

Yay, books! I love almost everything that falls under the category fantasy, and then especially those aimed for teenagers. My favorite series would be Harry Potter (do I need to mention the author?), House of Night (P.C. and Kristin Cast) and Inheritance (by Christopher Paolini)
Agni
Agni
Sergeant
Sergeant

Back to top Go down

Post by Voxezi Fri Jul 15, 2011 6:05 pm

Agni wrote:Yay, books! I love almost everything that falls under the category fantasy, and then especially those aimed for teenagers. My favorite series would be Harry Potter (do I need to mention the author?), House of Night (P.C. and Kristin Cast) and Inheritance (by Christopher Paolini)
I haven't read harry pottter, never heard of house of night, and read the inheritance cycle, loved it, but reread it and hated it.
Voxezi
Voxezi

Back to top Go down

Post by Shajana Sun Jul 31, 2011 8:58 am

Bernhard Hennen I love you
I love his books and the way he write, I never read something bevore with so much interesting details. I can`t wait until his new book will come out!
Shajana
Shajana
Sergeant
Sergeant

Back to top Go down

Post by Drakkon Sun Jul 31, 2011 11:09 am

When I was younger, I was really into some of the easier-to-read books (despite the fact that I was generally above their level) because some of them had interesting ideas in them if I gave them a chance. Nowadays, I don't like the books/authors as much, but they're worth mentioning:

Warriors Series by Erin Hunter
Gave up on this after the fourth branch of the series; plot was recycled and I just grew tired of it... how long can you talk about cats that fight each other every other week?

Guardians of Ga'Hoole - Kathyrn Lasky
To be fair, I read the first series based around Soren, then the one about Coryn/Nyroc. After that, I steadily lost interest in the books.

Harry Potter Books - J.K. Rowling
The plot's still acceptable, and I re-read it when I don't have anything else, but I steadily notice just how childish the writing style is, although it gets better by the seventh book.

House of Night Series - P.C. and Kristin Cast
I just get tired of the general perfect-ness of the main character, and stopped after the sixth book. Even if bad things happen to her, she's pretty much the "Bella" of the vampire high school. Speaking of which, on a dare I read Twilight... all four books. And I hated each and every one of them - pointed out every flaw to my older sister who somehow liked them. She wouldn't hear a word of what I said.

Now that I have the books I don't really enjoy anymore, here are the books I prefer to them:

Inheritance Cycle - Christopher Paolini
It's a nice plot, although his writing style isn't my favorite. I still intend to read the fourth and final installation.

Wicked - Gregory Maguire
An old book, but very good; it's preferable to the musical based on it in every way.

Age of Fire Series - E. E. Knight
Still need to purchase and read the last book, but I do enjoy reading these with a passion.
Drakkon
Drakkon
Major
Major

Back to top Go down

Post by Rhynn Sun Jul 31, 2011 11:15 am

I really, really, really love the Gormenghast books by Mervyn Peake. Quite old already (from around Tolkien's time) but wow, they're written so amazingly. He can describe the smallest details in incredibly interesting ways which don't actually divert too much attention from the story. If only I could write the way he could...

If I look at children's books, my favourites are the Redwall series by Brian Jacques, even though I discovered them only a few years ago. Whenever I want to read something quick and easy, I pick up one of those Smile
Rhynn
Rhynn
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

http://roccaraven.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Zovesta Sat Nov 19, 2011 7:54 pm

Favourite fiction: Too Many Curses by A. Lee Martinez is easily my favourite book, even if the ending completely sucks.

Favourite nonfiction: Hara-Kiri by Jack Seward.
Zovesta
Zovesta
Sergeant
Sergeant

http://ozkumeti.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum