ProjectNyoka Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

(edible) creatures?

5 posters

Go down

(edible) creatures? Empty (edible) creatures?

Post by Seph Mon Aug 08, 2011 5:41 pm

While looking around for some creature inspiration I stumbled upon this .

Seriously I couldn't help myself I mean Chocolate Chip Star? xD What names do we give those animals? But on the other hand wouldn't a chocolate creature be fun?

So the idea is we have some animals with common names of fruit, strawberry or chocolate already on earth so why not make some joke breeds out of them? The main idea is that a Konditorei or something along this line would open on Zeima and starts doing those animals out of well fruits and chocolate. ^^
Those creatures are genderless, won't grow and really they aren't living things. They would only be there for us to spend money on and to collect ( and eat ).

I thought about following options, which each differ in complexity.

1.) A simple go and buy shop. Prices would be fairly high. Nothing else about them but a page with a picture would be nice. They wouldn't respawn often maybe once or 2 times a day with 30 creatures (or another number which seems fair).

2.) Gather your own ingredients. The shop story would be that they can't feed everyone and we (the explorers)should gather our own ingredients and they will create things out of them. We would need to pay them a little bit for their work and only the ownership of a certain creature would allow us to gather. (example: When we want honey we need a honeyguide bird to search. It could fail when other things are around that smell like honey or if our birdy is too full.) I am open on any limiting ideas and of course on creatures that would help us in gathering. Also I am not sure how hard coding that would be so I'm not sure if that is even possible.

3.) Do it yourself. This idea would focus around you buying cooking equipment and doing animal like snacks yourself. Combined with the previous idea you would need to pay a reaaaaly high price for the equipment, but well only once. After that you're free to make delicious creatures yourself.

So what do you guys think? If this gets accepted I will post a list with the animals I found so far. xD
Maybe the already worked on Jellybean dragon can has it's home here?
Seph
Seph
Sergeant
Sergeant

Back to top Go down

(edible) creatures? Empty Re: (edible) creatures?

Post by Voxezi Mon Aug 08, 2011 11:09 pm

I would love being able to create creatures by having to gather certain materials with certain pets.
I feel that food creatures would be slightly ridiculous, though.
Following that train of thought, we'd only be able to create mechanical automatons, which would be awesome, though Nyoka's more about living stuff.

See:Rhea's chimera concept
Also:Being able to collect things to add onto spaceships.
Voxezi
Voxezi

Back to top Go down

Post by Drakkon Mon Aug 08, 2011 11:13 pm

Well, technically we'd probably eat everything we could catch, like we do here. A creature based around food would be unnecessary since we're probably catching Ainekus to devour on Zeima.
Drakkon
Drakkon
Major
Major

Back to top Go down

Post by chuchu Mon Aug 08, 2011 11:34 pm

The Taco Gazelles are food creatures, but its a joke creature so...
chuchu
chuchu
Major
Major

Back to top Go down

Post by Seph Thu Aug 11, 2011 1:11 pm

So general food creatures are a no, though taco gazelles are?

The idea of making creatures is okay like via gene combining (hybrids) and to make robots like the weighted companion crab?

So that's the summarize.

Also Drakkon I didn't meant to make creatures as our food (and also don't plan to eat Ainekus). It's just like making butter sculptures to resemble creatures. They would be as unnecessary as plushs just that the plush idea seems to be still around and got accepted.
Seph
Seph
Sergeant
Sergeant

Back to top Go down

Post by Voxezi Thu Aug 11, 2011 2:32 pm

Taco gazelles are... really weird.
Joke creatures.
So are the weighted companion crabs.
Most of the joke creatures have some sort of connection with some sort of game [actually there's only two right now].
Voxezi
Voxezi

Back to top Go down

Post by salayan Fri Aug 12, 2011 8:54 pm

how about a gummy squid that you could gather a seaweed snake to make a gummy roll

salayan
Sergeant
Sergeant

Back to top Go down

Post by Voxezi Fri Aug 12, 2011 11:01 pm

No.
Voxezi
Voxezi

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down