ProjectNyoka Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Some suggestions (Forum)

5 posters

Go down

Some suggestions (Forum) Empty Some suggestions (Forum)

Post by DragonTamerChris Sun Aug 21, 2011 12:41 am

So I have a few forum suggestions for you guys.

1. The new post and the non new post thing is too hard to distinguish, maybe more contrast difference or a different color for new posts? It'd make 'lurking' the forum easier and more appealing to the eye.

2. We should have a suggestion forum for the... forums! This section is going to be too cluttered (and it's already semi-cluttered)with forum suggestions and site suggestions mashed together, we should separate them.

3. Report button. I made a suggestion for this but... I can't find the button. :/ If you know where the button is tell me but if it's not there, it really should be there so people don't spam topics that should be reported with "OOOH, you flamed someone!" or "Lock spam topic now plOx" It should be more visible if there is one right now, like near the quote button.

(Oh and there is some strange glitch, for some reason this topic was posted in Voxezi's FAQ topic...)
DragonTamerChris
DragonTamerChris

Back to top Go down

Some suggestions (Forum) Empty Re: Some suggestions (Forum)

Post by Calib Sun Aug 21, 2011 12:49 am

1) Go to this thread and tell Rhynn that.
In fact, I suggested the same thing: make the ringed planets unread posts and use the gas giants for locked/read posts. I also suggested some color changes to make it easier to spot. Smile Feel free to reiterate your thoughts there. If people agree on something, there's a better chance of getting it done!

2) I don't think that's needed. The above link can cover most forum appearance things (they are looking for thoughts!) and once the basic layout is done, not many people are going to have a lot to suggest.

3) Yeah, I don't see it either. Weird.
Calib
Calib
Sergeant
Sergeant

Back to top Go down

Post by DragonTamerChris Sun Aug 21, 2011 1:42 am

There will still be plenty of forum suggestions, especially later on.

Also, thanks for the link. I haven't been here in a few days so I didn't know about that.
DragonTamerChris
DragonTamerChris

Back to top Go down

Post by Drakkon Sun Aug 21, 2011 1:43 am

1. I agree with you completely, DTC, a few swapped colors would be nice; sometimes I have difficulty deciphering the "new post" and "old post" blue gas giants from each other.

2. I'm thinking that the suggestions and requests forums should be separated. Then, in the "Creature Requests" forum, there'd be the general area for new requests/ones currently being worked on, and two subforums: "Neglected Requests" and "Completed Requests." Then, the suggestions forum could have several different subcategories: Spaceships, Quests, Theme, Merch, and Forums (your idea), and the rest of the area would be for suggestions that don't really fit the subcategories. (I'd actually like some feedback on this idea, preferably from a moderator or administrator, or a more veteran member of the forums.)

3. I thought the Report Button was on the old skin; maybe it got lost with the new one? Iunno. Perhaps I'm going insane. xD Yeah, PMing a mod/admin would probably take longer and possibly not get noticed in the long run (I know I often manage to miss private messages), we really do need a Report Button. (Although everything new added to the site leaves me with the concern that it would be exploited for wrong purposes.)
Drakkon
Drakkon
Major
Major

Back to top Go down

Post by DragonTamerChris Sun Aug 21, 2011 1:58 am

Drakkon wrote:1. I agree with you completely, DTC, a few swapped colors would be nice; sometimes I have difficulty deciphering the "new post" and "old post" blue gas giants from each other.

2. I'm thinking that the suggestions and requests forums should be separated. Then, in the "Creature Requests" forum, there'd be the general area for new requests/ones currently being worked on, and two subforums: "Neglected Requests" and "Completed Requests." Then, the suggestions forum could have several different subcategories: Spaceships, Quests, Theme, Merch, and Forums (your idea), and the rest of the area would be for suggestions that don't really fit the subcategories. (I'd actually like some feedback on this idea, preferably from a moderator or administrator, or a more veteran member of the forums.)

3. I thought the Report Button was on the old skin; maybe it got lost with the new one? Iunno. Perhaps I'm going insane. xD Yeah, PMing a mod/admin would probably take longer and possibly not get noticed in the long run (I know I often manage to miss private messages), we really do need a Report Button. (Although everything new added to the site leaves me with the concern that it would be exploited for wrong purposes.)

@Idea 2, I agree with that, less clutter and some of those we already have. Also I've been on this forum since almost the beginning... well after the pre-pre development period where there was literally 6 members.

@Your concern abut 3, if people exploit the report button then they get infracted/punished, it's not a toy. From my experience as a mod on other forums people abusing the report feature is rarely a problem.
DragonTamerChris
DragonTamerChris

Back to top Go down

Post by Drakkon Sun Aug 21, 2011 2:03 am

Well, then, looks like the third one isn't an issue. xD

Thanks for your feedback on number two, DTC, I wanted a more senior member because newer members probably weren't quite as acquainted with the clutter as you or one of the other older members. Hopefully iggy or Rebsingh also like that concept for the forums, as it would clear up the clutter in the end.
Drakkon
Drakkon
Major
Major

Back to top Go down

Post by ignite444 Sun Aug 21, 2011 11:13 am

I like your idea on number 2, but let's see if other people do as well.
ignite444
ignite444
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Varionius Sun Aug 21, 2011 11:15 am

I agree, number 2 is a good idea.
Varionius
Varionius
Major
Major

Back to top Go down

Post by ignite444 Sun Aug 21, 2011 11:21 am

Could someone give me a visual on how to set this up? Something like this will do:

Suggestions and Requests -
(sub forum) Creature Requests: (sub forums Neglected Requests and Completed Requests)

Well, you get the idea.
ignite444
ignite444
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Drakkon Sun Aug 21, 2011 12:31 pm

Creature Requests - (contains all new requests and ones currently being worked on)
Subforums:
Neglected Requests - (contains all neglected/cancelled creature requests)
Completed Requests - (contains all of the completed creatures)

On-Site Requests - (contains all non-creature based suggestions for the actual site)
Subforums:
Spaceship Requests - (contains all ideas/requests for spaceships)
Theme Requests - (contains all ideas/requests for on-site themes)
Merchandise Requests - (contains all ideas/requests for merch)
Quest/Achievement Requests - (contains all ideas/requests for achievements and quests)
//and possibly a subforum for on-site shop items once the idea is put in place; different from the merch as that's for real money

Forum Sugguestions - (contains all suggestions for the forums)
Subforums:
Skin Suggestions - (contains ideas/requests for skin colors on the forums; possibly take a screecap of the design page for forums so people can design their own, similar to on-site themes)

Not sure if the Forum/On-Site suggestions should be combined.
Drakkon
Drakkon
Major
Major

Back to top Go down

Post by ignite444 Sun Aug 21, 2011 12:40 pm

I think the forum suggestions should be a subforum of the On-Site suggestions.

Btw thanks for that. I'm a visual person so that helps tremendously.
ignite444
ignite444
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DragonTamerChris Sat Aug 27, 2011 1:00 pm

Bump.

I would like some more feedback on my other suggestions.

1. I posted in the other topic but no one replied to it. :/ Edit: Actually I didn't. o_O -goes to post it there-
3. We really need this.
DragonTamerChris
DragonTamerChris

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down