ProjectNyoka Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

So as a joke...

2 posters

Go down

So as a joke... Empty So as a joke...

Post by SilentSkieBlue Sat Nov 12, 2011 4:23 am

So I made these and they're kind of a joke but I put them in creature requests because we were being silly in the IRC and then it just took a couple words for me to realize just how silly I was being so I cleared that post and moved it to here. Maybe if people get really serious about these and make them legitmate somehow we can move 'em back there, but until then let's just have it be a silly topic for us to be silly about Nyoka ponies.

Nyokafied Ponies:
Planet: p1 (all)
Biomes: Alpine--Hurrok, Rainforest--Kirin, Swamp--Kelpie
Breed ID: Deerlike Creatures or a new ID of Horselike Creatures--EG Equestrians
Rarity: Uncommon to Rare

Hurrok:
Based on Tamora Pierce's interpretation of a pegasus gone bad, these equine predators have bat wings, eagle talons, and manes of spikes. They specialize in dive-bombing prey--much like the Great White comes from below. Perhaps partially attributed to the dense clouds in their homes, the Hurroks sport unusually and unnervingly bright colors. Despite their carnivorous natures, they can be trained--much like falcons--and when trained well they can be very caring and loyal creatures.

Sketches:

Kelpie:
A swamp dwelling creature, the Kelpie is believed to be the closest relative to the stem of the P1 equestrians, sharing significant genes with both the Hurrok and Kirin. Omnivorous, they sustain themselves on mosses and the P1 equivalent of Cattails between ambushing prey in the marshes. Nearly amphibious in nature, their forelegs are equipped with two large claws and one smaller duclaw above, while their back feet are large, squishy, and toeless. Kelpies build nests that serve as a place to rear their young as well as a center of camouflage for their ambush attacks, which are similar to those of crocodiles--their prime objective is to suffocate or drown their victim. Because of this, hand-raised Kelpies are hard workers, and when raised in groups--in the wild they are primarily solitary--they are very affectionate and spontaneous, showing great distress when separated from their "clan".
Sketches:

Kirin:
Named for the Asianic myth they resemble, Kirins are draconic-horse-creatures with cloven hooves, serpentine tails and flowing manes. Living deep within the Rainforest, they are herbivores and sport a horn in the middle of their head for self defense. Another defensive attribute is their scale covered back, which defends against ambush predation. The Rainforest Kirins of P1 are incredibly clever, but also rather vain--males and females both groom themselves obsessively even out of the breeding season.
sketches:

SilentSkieBlue
SilentSkieBlue
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

So as a joke... Empty Re: So as a joke...

Post by Grani Sat Nov 12, 2011 5:27 am

Hmm I smehow love them... you Kirins remind of Ponyisland's Kirin ponies.^^
Grani
Grani
Sergeant
Sergeant

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum