ProjectNyoka Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pets

+10
lizardtail
TheCompleteAnimorph
chuchu
Voxezi
ignite444
Drakkon
SilentSkieBlue
Miggeh
Rhynn
Digidude123
14 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Pets Empty Pets

Post by Digidude123 Fri Jul 15, 2011 12:46 pm

Talk about your pets here.

Digidude123
Digidude123
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Pets Empty Re: Pets

Post by Rhynn Fri Jul 15, 2011 12:54 pm

This:

Pets _NBB0230

is my super awesome cute hamster called Nemesis ^_^ She's about half a year old (we think). And she loves to eat my fingers...
Rhynn
Rhynn
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

http://roccaraven.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Miggeh Fri Jul 15, 2011 12:57 pm

A have a LOT of pets @_@

Mozart the House Gecko

Mozart is a leetle house gecko. He's about...Mmm...5-6 inches, probably. He likes to try to climb up the walls of his glass container thing, although most of his attempts are futile. He's adorable, though, and likes climbing in general. Last week I opened up his cage to see him and before I could even find him he was on my arm in an instant. Jeez, those geckos are faaast.

Lego the Rat

Lego's a little annoying. I mean, she's cute, but she squeaks like. 24/7/365. She likes to nom the bars on her cage, and she has, so far, gotten out of her cage 46 times. And yet my dad still won't buy a new cage. Really?

Ginger the Hamster

Really more my friend's pet, but I take care of her so she's really my hamster. She also noms on her bars and has escaped 4 times, so far. She's a Djungarian Dwarf hamster, and is a pale white-gray color. She squeaks all night long, although I must admit, it's not NEARLY as annoying as Lego. At least Ginger is chubby and cute. ;v;

Victoria the Cat

Victoria, or Vicky, as we call her, is a pure white cat with blue eyes. Unfortunately, she is deaf, so it is very hard to keep track of her, as we are unable to call her like we did with our old cats. She's a pretty small size compared to normal cats, really as on her hind legs, with her paw extended, she can hardly touch my knee. She does, however, enjoy sleeping on my chest while I am asleep, and wakes me up in the morning with her paw, brushing my forehead with it. She gave me a mini heart attack, the first time she did that. @_@

Mmmm, that's it for now. My older sister has a parakeet and my older brother has two snakes, but I'm not going into that. |D
Miggeh
Miggeh
Major
Major

Back to top Go down

Post by Digidude123 Fri Jul 15, 2011 12:59 pm

I have a cat named Kate(because everybody wanted to name her kitty)

do any of you have experienced a cat giving birth and have suggestions?

because I feel she's going to give birth soon.
Digidude123
Digidude123
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post by Miggeh Fri Jul 15, 2011 1:01 pm

Mmmm, I've experienced it with one of my old cats, Bianca, but no, I don't really have any suggestions, mostly because we took her to the vet and I was too young to know what was going on. |D
Miggeh
Miggeh
Major
Major

Back to top Go down

Post by Digidude123 Fri Jul 15, 2011 1:02 pm

Miggeh wrote:Mmmm, I've experienced it with one of my old cats, Bianca, but no, I don't really have any suggestions, mostly because we took her to the vet and I was too young to know what was going on. |D
So you think we should call a vet?
Digidude123
Digidude123
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post by Miggeh Fri Jul 15, 2011 1:03 pm

Digidude123 wrote:
Miggeh wrote:Mmmm, I've experienced it with one of my old cats, Bianca, but no, I don't really have any suggestions, mostly because we took her to the vet and I was too young to know what was going on. |D
So you think we should call a vet?

Probably. It's better if you have someone who knows exactly what they're doing when it comes to something like this.
Miggeh
Miggeh
Major
Major

Back to top Go down

Post by Digidude123 Fri Jul 15, 2011 1:09 pm

Ok, thanks
Digidude123
Digidude123
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentSkieBlue Fri Jul 15, 2011 1:14 pm

I have a pretty, old, blue beta--Corporal Agamemnon. He's over a year old now and mostly just sits around. I'm hoping to get a lizard sometime in the future--my mother is terrified of salmonella, but she said it'd be okay if I got a small one, so I'm planning on an anole and hoping that I see this one kind of lizard that was spiky and iridescent blue-green again and can get it because it was the most beautiful thing ever. I'm also hoping my family gets a dog again, because we've got deer running through our yard like they own it and they've killed our cherry tree. Again. That's number two. In my heart I hold murder for these deer. But a dog would help to keep them away.
SilentSkieBlue
SilentSkieBlue
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post by Drakkon Fri Jul 15, 2011 1:30 pm

Everything I touch dies. Well, every cat I touch dies to be specific. The following contains stories of how they died. Don't read them if you don't want the specifics.

When I was younger, I had an orange cat named Charlie who "ran away" although I'm pretty sure he died - I don't remember if that was a lame parent excuse or not though, that was when I was seven, I think.

In March of 2006, I got a gray-and-white kitten (who looked exactly like a Maine Coone - long fur, size and all, even though he was a 'mutt'). Then in July of 2008 he got hit by a car and there wasn't enough time to get him euthanized before he died.

Then in the fall of 2009 I got Katt, he was a yellow kitten and the frendliest thing ever. Unfortunately, he came down with a syndrome most common in male cats that causes their urinary tract to become blocked and we couldn't afford the surgery that would've adjusted his urinary tract so it worked more like a female cat's. Instead, we entered him into a study group to get a discount and took the cheaper method that basically cleaned out his blocked tract and hoped for the best, but he still didn't make it. At least he was drugged up when he died, unlike Rolie. We think it's because he drank the water we fed our Christmas Tree (which we had covered - but he still managed to get into it sometimes).

End sad death stories here.

And now I have a female cat named Fish - although we call her by so many things it hardly counts: Fishcus, Fiscus, Kitten Chow, and one name that's inappropriate for this website. -_- She deserves to be called Fish though: she's fallen in the toilet, gotten a fishing hook stuck in her mouth, and drinks out of the toilet. We have to be careful with all of our animals now, though, because there's a fox that lives around and almost got Fish when she was in heat (her appointment to be fixed was the week after she went around meowing like crazy to draw the fox to the house).
Drakkon
Drakkon
Major
Major

Back to top Go down

Post by ignite444 Fri Jul 15, 2011 1:49 pm

Digidude123 wrote:I have a cat named Kate(because everybody wanted to name her kitty)

do any of you have experienced a cat giving birth and have suggestions?

because I feel she's going to give birth soon.

I've had plenty of cats give birth before. Is this her first litter? If so, it will be a bit rough on her and may take her a few hours to completely have all of her kittens. If she doesn't already have a "nest" picked out, make her one in a large box, cage, or an unused closet/cupboard with sheets, towels, and anything else comfortable. You can sit with her as she gives birth, or be nearby in case she needs any help. Kittens born breech (feet first) need to be pulled out, so use a glove or something else clean and gently pull the kitten out so as not to damage the mother or kitten. That's only if her kitten or kittens are born breech, otherwise leave them alone. If for some reason she is having problems giving birth run her to a vet ASAP, otherwise she and her kittens could die.

The mother cat will eat the placenta from her kittens. This is to help get her milk flowing and to recycle nutrients. So don't freak if you see her doing this.

First time mother cats may or may not scream as they give birth. This is normal so don't worry about her unless she needs help or medical attention.
ignite444
ignite444
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Digidude123 Fri Jul 15, 2011 1:55 pm

Well, she just gave birth to three kittens so far, I don't know if we should expect a fourth one.

She wasn't screaming, but she opened her eyes and mouth and started breathing deeply.
Digidude123
Digidude123
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post by ignite444 Fri Jul 15, 2011 1:57 pm

Hm, yeah, she's panting. Probably has another 1 or 2 in her. If I had seen her pregnant, I could have made a guess on how many she has. I'm quite good at that.
ignite444
ignite444
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Digidude123 Fri Jul 15, 2011 1:58 pm

ignite444 wrote:Hm, yeah, she's panting. Probably has another 1 or 2 in her. If I had seen her pregnant, I could have made a guess on how many she has. I'm quite good at that.
Yeah, another one just came out.

Digidude123
Digidude123
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post by ignite444 Fri Jul 15, 2011 2:03 pm

Wow, awfully fast for her first litter! Can you tell what colors they are?
ignite444
ignite444
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Digidude123 Fri Jul 15, 2011 2:04 pm

ignite444 wrote:Wow, awfully fast for her first litter! Can you tell what colors they are?
I think they are all tabby cats like her. Though one looks like it's only grey.

wait, lemme upload a picture.
Digidude123
Digidude123
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post by ignite444 Fri Jul 15, 2011 2:08 pm

Huh, weird. Never expected them to all be tabby cats. I guess it depends on who the father is too. Ugh, if I was there I could also point out their genders for you. Bah.

Yay a picture!
ignite444
ignite444
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Digidude123 Fri Jul 15, 2011 2:15 pm

Here's the picture.
http://desmond.imageshack.us/Himg535/scaled.php?server=535&filename=gnwwfg001.jpg&res=medium

If it helps, I'm pretty sure the father was grey and white.
Digidude123
Digidude123
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post by ignite444 Fri Jul 15, 2011 2:17 pm

The picture is a bit blurry, but I can make out the mother quite well. She looks like a sweet heart. The kittens are too dark to make out, lol.
ignite444
ignite444
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Digidude123 Fri Jul 15, 2011 2:24 pm

Digidude123
Digidude123
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post by ignite444 Fri Jul 15, 2011 2:26 pm

Still too blurry, lol. But if you say the father was also grey and white, chances are the kittens will be as well, unless they get a recessive trait.
ignite444
ignite444
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Voxezi Fri Jul 15, 2011 6:11 pm

Those are adorable!

Unfortunately I can't have pets, parents are allergic.

But if I could get pets, I'd get a cat or two, a Pomeranian or a Japanese Spitz, and separately have rabbits.
I love rabbits.
Voxezi
Voxezi

Back to top Go down

Post by Digidude123 Sat Jul 16, 2011 1:25 am

URGENT

The mother took one of the kittens and went downstairs. She's hiding and won't give her baby.

I'm afraid she's going to do something bad, and I moved the box downstairs where she is in hope that she just wants to relocate.
Digidude123
Digidude123
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post by chuchu Sat Jul 16, 2011 1:54 am

Digidude123 wrote:URGENT

The mother took one of the kittens and went downstairs. She's hiding and won't give her baby.

I'm afraid she's going to do something bad, and I moved the box downstairs where she is in hope that she just wants to relocate.
Maybe she's just being a protective mother? I know female dogs may feel uncomfortable when someone is around her pups and try to protect them, and I think cats do too (Or pretty much any animal that protects their young...)

Though maybe you should ask ignite, I think she knows much more about that than I do XP Congratulations on your cat's new kittens by the way
chuchu
chuchu
Major
Major

Back to top Go down

Post by Digidude123 Sat Jul 16, 2011 1:58 am

chuchu wrote:
Digidude123 wrote:URGENT

Maybe she's just being a protective mother? I know female dogs may feel uncomfortable when someone is around her pups and try to protect them, and I think cats do too (Or pretty much any animal that protects their young...)

Though maybe you should ask ignite, I think she knows much more about that than I do XP Congratulations on your cat's new kittens by the way
Yeah, well now that I moved the box downstairs she's kinda acting like she doesn't know where it is, and she's meowing a lot.

Her kittens were moved downstairs and now she's just lying on the kitchen floor.
Digidude123
Digidude123
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum