ProjectNyoka Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Level Limit

+5
SilentSkieBlue
Rebsingh
bluebell_rose
Drakkon
chuchu
9 posters

Go down

Level Limit Empty Level Limit

Post by chuchu Thu Jul 21, 2011 10:09 pm

A few of us were chatting on the IRC when the subject of the level cap was brought up. Few people like the level cap and it was suggested that it be removed. We broke into an argument and I'm posting this thread to see the rest of the members' opinions/ideas. and Rebs asked someone to do it.

Ideas:

SilentSkieBlue: No matter how many clicks it has, an Alpha will not hatch/grow up into a Beta until one day has passed, cant grow into Delta until two days have passed, ect.

Ignite444: A growth bar like MS has. You'd need a certain amount of clicks to level up the creature. (Sorry if that's not what you meant, you didnt respond on the IRC)

ChuChu: Something like what Gigis site MM2 had. Too many guest clicks will make a creature sick while member clicks do not.
chuchu
chuchu
Major
Major

Back to top Go down

Level Limit Empty Re: Level Limit

Post by Drakkon Thu Jul 21, 2011 10:20 pm

chuchu wrote:Too many guest clicks will make a creature sick while member clicks do not.
We're currently trying to attract guests, so this would cause an issue if not-yet-registered members-to-be click your pets, and I don't think it's a great idea at this point.

I don't really have an issue with the level limit, myself; it takes four days minimum for a creature to grow, and it's really not all that bad compared to other adoptables sites. As long as you keep your creatures in your signature or post them in the click thread, they'll grow up just fine - I say keep it as-is. c:
Drakkon
Drakkon
Major
Major

Back to top Go down

Post by bluebell_rose Thu Jul 21, 2011 10:20 pm

I won't play the game if there's a level cap, and handicaps. There's no point. The userbase is small. The goal now should be encouraging users to get out there and get the pets/links seen by as many people as possible. Yarolds can get the site seen by 300 different people a day. People see the site. Think it's cool and join. I suggest Hydra and Utopia be banned as they're just auto sites with an auto visitor. Won't get much advertisement from sites with auto scripts.

bluebell_rose
Private
Private

Back to top Go down

Post by Rebsingh Thu Jul 21, 2011 10:25 pm

bluebell_rose wrote:I won't play the game if there's a level cap, and handicaps. There's no point. The userbase is small. The goal now should be encouraging users to get out there and get the pets/links seen by as many people as possible. Yarolds can get the site seen by 300 different people a day. People see the site. Think it's cool and join. I suggest Hydra and Utopia be banned as they're just auto sites with an auto visitor. Won't get much advertisement from sites with auto scripts.
I'll let them be used on yarolds when we have a better secure, non-abusable system.
Rebsingh
Rebsingh
Admin
Admin

http://projectnyoka.com

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentSkieBlue Thu Jul 21, 2011 10:27 pm

Obviously I like my idea--otherwise I wouldn't have made it--But chu's sounds good, easy to code, and server-stress-free. I don't see how the bar is much different than what we have now, aside from a level of uncertainty about how far along your creature is. Therein lies my opinion, and I beseech you to hear it.

@ BBR

If people mass-click on Yarolds, how many actually look at the links they click? I've used sites like that, and I just go "close tabs to the right" when I've opened them. The only difference is that someone has to manually click and drag to open the links. I'm sure the users don't look at every single page they open.
SilentSkieBlue
SilentSkieBlue
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post by Rebsingh Thu Jul 21, 2011 10:28 pm

SilentSkieBlue wrote:Obviously I like my idea--otherwise I wouldn't have made it--But chu's sounds good, easy to code, and server-stress-free. I don't see how the bar is much different than what we have now, aside from a level of uncertainty about how far along your creature is. Therein lies my opinion, and I beseech you to hear it.

@ BBR

If people mass-click on Yarolds, how many actually look at the links they click? I've used sites like that, and I just go "close tabs to the right" when I've opened them. The only difference is that someone has to manually click and drag to open the links. I'm sure the users don't look at every single page they open.
I'll need to see how to set the cookie for the nyoka.us website because it's a different domain :/
Rebsingh
Rebsingh
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by bluebell_rose Thu Jul 21, 2011 10:44 pm

SilentSkieBlue wrote:Obviously I like my idea--otherwise I wouldn't have made it--But chu's sounds good, easy to code, and server-stress-free. I don't see how the bar is much different than what we have now, aside from a level of uncertainty about how far along your creature is. Therein lies my opinion, and I beseech you to hear it.

@ BBR

Ever heard of care? care less than 25% less links to click. And you're supposed to give the user the full benefit of your click. And hats pop up randomly hidden behind links. Wink gotta pay attention

bluebell_rose
Private
Private

Back to top Go down

Post by ignite444 Thu Jul 21, 2011 10:56 pm

I don't like Yarolds since they practically force you to click.
ignite444
ignite444
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Pokemontrainergigi Thu Jul 21, 2011 11:08 pm

Oh I see my name there o3o

Anyway my limit was more because people were abusing the Top 10 list on my site by just shooting their pets in click exchanges |:

But since I did make that I do like the limit to some extent |D And trust me, I'm 100% sure I got little to no guest registrations from click exchanges while people were posting their pets there. |: And from my experiences with click exchanges I just click their pet then close the page, I'm not interesting in joining a site while in the middle of clicking.
Pokemontrainergigi
Pokemontrainergigi
Sergeant
Sergeant

Back to top Go down

Post by chuchu Thu Jul 21, 2011 11:44 pm

Pokemontrainergigi wrote:Oh I see my name there o3o

Anyway my limit was more because people were abusing the Top 10 list on my site by just shooting their pets in click exchanges |:

But since I did make that I do like the limit to some extent |D And trust me, I'm 100% sure I got little to no guest registrations from click exchanges while people were posting their pets there. |: And from my experiences with click exchanges I just click their pet then close the page, I'm not interesting in joining a site while in the middle of clicking.
Omai. It is.

And I agree with this. I never pay attention to the tabs I open. I honestly don't care about little hats or whatever on a click site...That's not the point.
chuchu
chuchu
Major
Major

Back to top Go down

Post by bluebell_rose Fri Jul 22, 2011 1:32 am

@ignite444 isn't that the point? To click?

Then you won't mind the traffic and players joining virtuadopt instead of projectnyoka then Wink

I know of plenty of players who played on dc when they joined yarolds and have since joined other sites like virtuadopt, avadopts and the like.

bluebell_rose
Private
Private

Back to top Go down

Post by Rebsingh Fri Jul 22, 2011 1:38 am

bluebell_rose wrote:@ignite444 isn't that the point? To click?

Then you won't mind the traffic and players joining virtuadopt instead of projectnyoka then Wink

I know of plenty of players who played on dc when they joined yarolds and have since joined other sites like virtuadopt, avadopts and the like.
I already talked to DemonicJ. They can be clicked max 25 times a day with 3 minute limits in between (On yarolds).
Rebsingh
Rebsingh
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by bluebell_rose Fri Jul 22, 2011 1:43 am

ok then I won't be using those links as happy hour links thank you very much. Not keen on making my members wait half an hour just to get my links. Wink

I'm sure stefanol would appreciate the new members coming his way much more. Smile

bluebell_rose
Private
Private

Back to top Go down

Post by Shiro Fri Jul 22, 2011 7:33 am

SSB's Idea: O_O whut? i need to wait then another day till it grows up to Delta >_< awww but the idea isn't that bad at all.

Ignite's Idea: I like that! I like the bars, expectly those on MS with the percents.

Chuchu's Idea: Idk, the sickness idea reminds me on DC >_>' They have this too, it happens because of 2 options: 1 it gets more clicks then unique views or 2 it gets to many views. Well, sure we have the fog system here as well, it could be possible o_o but...naaaah, i don't allways wanna check if the pet is sick or not, can we do a little symbol then next to that mini icon? (like the frozen symbol and the lineage symbol?) like a injection or something like that? ^^ or 3 little green bubbles? xD (now i kinda like that idea xD)
Shiro
Shiro
Sergeant
Sergeant

http://www.anime.stargates.ch

Back to top Go down

Post by chuchu Fri Jul 22, 2011 9:48 pm

Shiro wrote:SSB's Idea: O_O whut? i need to wait then another day till it grows up to Delta >_< awww but the idea isn't that bad at all.

Ignite's Idea: I like that! I like the bars, expectly those on MS with the percents.

Chuchu's Idea: Idk, the sickness idea reminds me on DC >_>' They have this too, it happens because of 2 options: 1 it gets more clicks then unique views or 2 it gets to many views. Well, sure we have the fog system here as well, it could be possible o_o but...naaaah, i don't allways wanna check if the pet is sick or not, can we do a little symbol then next to that mini icon? (like the frozen symbol and the lineage symbol?) like a injection or something like that? ^^ or 3 little green bubbles? xD (now i kinda like that idea xD)
sickness doesn't have to work like it does on DC. On Gigi's site the Pokemon simply could not gain levels until its owner cured it by leveling it up. We could do something different as well.
chuchu
chuchu
Major
Major

Back to top Go down

Post by Rebsingh Fri Jul 22, 2011 10:30 pm

New implementation to come soon

• All levels will be doubled and needed levels will be doubled (ie, new limits: 60, 100, 160).
  • We're removing the ability to view the creature level.
  • The creature level viewing thing will be replaced with a GROWTH BAR (__%).
  • Levelup via Image codes will obtain 1 level per view (Of the image).
  • Levelup via Click codes will obtain 2 levels per click.
  • 25-a-day maximum will be changed to 50 or 60 per day.

Everyone in the IRC likes it. All level references will be replace with a growth bar so that no one flips out that "IT'S ONLY 2 LEVELS AWAY". Tell me what you think, but everyone on the IRC likes it. Will be implemented soon.
Rebsingh
Rebsingh
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Satyr Fri Jul 22, 2011 10:33 pm

Rebsingh wrote:

• All levels will be doubled and needed levels will be doubled (ie, new limits: 60, 100, 160).

Everyone in the IRC likes it. All level references will be replace with a growth bar so that no one flips out that "IT'S ONLY 2 LEVELS AWAY". Tell me what you think, but everyone on the IRC likes it. Will be implemented soon.
So, it takes twice as many clicks to hatch? D: After being here almost two weeks, I still have no Omegas.
The rest I'm fine with, though.

Satyr
Sergeant
Sergeant

Back to top Go down

Post by chuchu Fri Jul 22, 2011 10:35 pm

Satyr wrote:
Rebsingh wrote:

So, it takes twice as many clicks to hatch? D: After being here almost two weeks, I still have no Omegas.
The rest I'm fine with, though.
But clicks are worth twice as much as views. If you use the click codes, it'll grow a lot faster :3
chuchu
chuchu
Major
Major

Back to top Go down

Post by ignite444 Fri Jul 22, 2011 10:56 pm

However, views are gained much faster than clicks.
ignite444
ignite444
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rebsingh Fri Jul 22, 2011 11:37 pm

ignite444 wrote:However, views are gained much faster than clicks.
So it's still a challenge, and the levelup per day will be increased. So yeh.
Rebsingh
Rebsingh
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Shiro Sat Jul 23, 2011 7:42 am

Well if the clicks/views will be 60 per day then i think that would be kinda fair.

Those who can uptain 60 clicks get in one day 120 max
Those with view stay with 60 max

So those who makes click need in this case only 1 and ahalf day to make the pet grown up
Those with view 3 days.

This is much better then the actuall thought, i need 4 days here cause we get only 25 lvlups per day and the delta grows up at 80 to adult. (x_x)

So, i still like the idea, even thought we need to level more, but if we can get more lvl ups per day, this makes it better x3 (make 60 per day *burning eyes* xD)
Shiro
Shiro
Sergeant
Sergeant

http://www.anime.stargates.ch

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down