ProjectNyoka Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Let's get to know each other.

+15
Voxezi
sapphiredragon73
Darketernity
TheCompleteAnimorph
PhazonDragon
DragonFlare
kakoe52
Rebsingh
SilentSkieBlue
Digidude123
ignite444
Fush
kaerlighed
DragonTamerChris
Cassowary
19 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Let's get to know each other. Empty Let's get to know each other.

Post by Cassowary Mon Apr 25, 2011 7:23 pm

So, while lacking an actual site at the moment, we've got the forums - and each other. Since we're all part of the Nyokian community, why not take the opportunity to converse and get to know one another?

(Rebs, hope you don't mind a chat topic of sorts in here.)
Cassowary
Cassowary
Major
Major

http://rheadark.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Let's get to know each other. Empty Re: Let's get to know each other.

Post by DragonTamerChris Mon Apr 25, 2011 7:47 pm

Well Rebs' old site had a chat thread and he didn't mind it so I don't think he'll mind this but we'll see. (It was a rather inactive chat thread, sadly.)

Umm to start a discussion I guess I'll just ask a common question, (To every one that reads this post and wants to answer) what do you guys like to do on your free time other then well go on websites. Also, what kind of things do you guys like?

DragonTamerChris
DragonTamerChris

Back to top Go down

Post by kaerlighed Mon Apr 25, 2011 8:06 pm

Let's see,

What do you guys like to do on your free time other then well go on websites?

>.> 99% of my free time is 'go on websites.' I live on my computer. lol but the other 1% contains, reading, drawing, listening to music. lol

What kind of things do you guys like?

music
computer
drawing
reading
computer
tokio hotel
books
computer
tom
anime
chocolate
computer
books

... yeh. xD
kaerlighed
kaerlighed
Sergeant
Sergeant

Back to top Go down

Post by Cassowary Mon Apr 25, 2011 8:19 pm

Hm, well, I read, I've tried picking up gardening (only to find out that the lawnmover dude sprayed the area I've been wanting to work on), I draw and sprite... oh, and bugs. I enjoy observing them, taking pictures of them and identifying/researching them. I don't really know if I should count "listening to music" as one of my things to do since it's always an accompaniment, not an individual activity.

What do I like? Food/eating (I'm a bit of a glutton), plants, bugs, birds, the arts, music, academia (for the most part), dragons, science, reading (to a lesser extend now, sadly - I don't read as much as I did when I was younger. Damn internet.), watching movies. Plenty of other things as well, but I'll leave my list like such for now.
Cassowary
Cassowary
Major
Major

Back to top Go down

Post by DragonTamerChris Mon Apr 25, 2011 8:29 pm

kaerlighed wrote:Let's see,

>.> 99% of my free time is 'go on websites.' I live on my computer. lol but the other 1% contains, reading, drawing, listening to music. lol

Sadly that's true for me. Well that would be exaggerating and you were probably exaggerating too. It's more like 90-95% of the time for me. There isn't much to do where I live. I like to read text books, watch tv, play video games, bounce my awesome bouncy ball, play with my animals, and that's about it. o3o Sometimes I listen to music but not that much...

I like most animals, observing human behavior, (It's interesting doing this in school...immaturity is funny....sometimes. Other times it's annoying or...threatening.) spending time with my friends, (Which I should be doing more) certain sports, and there are other things which I'm too lazy to say/forgot.
DragonTamerChris
DragonTamerChris

Back to top Go down

Post by kaerlighed Mon Apr 25, 2011 8:37 pm

DragonTamerChris wrote:
kaerlighed wrote:Let's see,

Sadly that's true for me. Well that would be exaggerating and you were probably exaggerating too. It's more like 90-95% of the time for me. There isn't much to do where I live. I like to read text books, watch tv, play video games, bounce my awesome bouncy ball, play with my animals, and that's about it. o3o Sometimes I listen to music but not that much...

I like most animals, observing human behavior, (It's interesting doing this in school...immaturity is funny....sometimes. Other times it's annoying or...threatening.) spending time with my friends, (Which I should be doing more) certain sports, and there are other things which I'm too lazy to say/forgot.

I am not exagerating. I go to school, come home, go on the computer. 4pm-1am i am on the computer. Only to eat and maybe company i get off.
kaerlighed
kaerlighed
Sergeant
Sergeant

Back to top Go down

Post by Cassowary Mon Apr 25, 2011 8:46 pm

Huh. Maybe you should get more sleep? I'm on the computer a ton as well, but staying up 'til one sounds unhealthy.
Cassowary
Cassowary
Major
Major

Back to top Go down

Post by Fush Mon Apr 25, 2011 9:05 pm

Cassowary wrote:Huh. Maybe you should get more sleep? I'm on the computer a ton as well, but staying up 'til one sounds unhealthy.

Don't you think that's rude? That's like a hate crime towards deaf people. Don't tell someone how to run their life. and obviously you are drama queen to think so. So leave my friend alone. After all you are posting in a public place. Anyone can see it. So buzz off her.
Fush
Fush
Private
Private

Back to top Go down

Post by kaerlighed Mon Apr 25, 2011 9:06 pm

Fush wrote:
Cassowary wrote:Huh. Maybe you should get more sleep? I'm on the computer a ton as well, but staying up 'til one sounds unhealthy.

Don't you think that's rude? That's like a hate crime towards deaf people. Don't tell someone how to run their life. and obviously you are drama queen to think so. So leave my friend alone. After all you are posting in a public place. Anyone can see it. So buzz off her.

aww fush. ^^

It's not unhealthy it's normal. If i got to bed at a reasonable hour, my parents think something is wrong.
kaerlighed
kaerlighed
Sergeant
Sergeant

Back to top Go down

Post by ignite444 Mon Apr 25, 2011 9:20 pm

Most of my time is spent at home, on the computer. The other time I either go to school, play games, or watch Netflix. XD I'm a night owl too. My body prefers to be awake during the night hours rather than the day hours for some reason.

Oh and Fush, CHILL. Cassowary was just concerned. :/
ignite444
ignite444
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by kaerlighed Mon Apr 25, 2011 9:34 pm

ignite444 wrote:Most of my time is spent at home, on the computer. The other time I either go to school, play games, or watch Netflix. XD I'm a night owl too. My body prefers to be awake during the night hours rather than the day hours for some reason.

Oh and Fush, CHILL. Cassowary was just concerned. :/

I found it kinda rude. :/
kaerlighed
kaerlighed
Sergeant
Sergeant

Back to top Go down

Post by Cassowary Mon Apr 25, 2011 9:54 pm

It's considered rude to be concerned about someone's health, now?

Moving on, I'm not sure if I'm a night owl or a... what was the other one? Morning lark? Anyways, my sleep patterns are fairly irregular.

Last edited by Cassowary on Tue Apr 26, 2011 1:02 am; edited 1 time in total
Cassowary
Cassowary
Major
Major

Back to top Go down

Post by Digidude123 Mon Apr 25, 2011 10:06 pm

I only sleep that late on the weekend. I would be a zombie if I slept that late on a weekday, due to the fact that I go to school at 7:00.

Though sleeping late equals a low immune system and stops your growth. I wouldn't exactly say it's normal, though that's just me, and my stupid school hours.

Well, I'm sad to say that my free time isn't spent much differently from you all. I come home from school, watch tv, go on the computer, play video games, make some sprites, and do homework. Very Happy
Digidude123
Digidude123
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentSkieBlue Mon Apr 25, 2011 10:25 pm

I usually am in bed by ten. But then I really don't like coffee and really like sleep so for me it's a no-brainer, because while I only have three classes that I actually have to pay attention in, they're the first three of the day.
Anyway, let's not hate on each other for something as silly as sleeping habits.

Weeeellll I like to do a lot of stuff, but I'm kinda landlocked (by which I mean I live up on a hill out of the main part of the city and have no job and therefore a limited pool of cash for transportation) so I usually only watch TV, play video and computer games, read, draw, write, and think. I actually don't listen to music a lot...Which isn't to say that I don't like music, because I do, but I just don't feel the drive to be surrounded by it like it seems all my peers are. But when time and/or gas money other resources allow, I like to go out and swim and occasionally I'll take a hike or ride my bike. But only on the very rare occasion

Oh, but after school this medieval fighting group called Belagarth has this thing called Gladiators that I go to because I have no money I can't get to the legit stuff and I get to fight with medieval weapons like glaives and shields and axes and javelins and spears and...yeah. They're all made of fiberglass covered in foam, though, so I still have all my limbs. Though it hurts when I get hit in the face. I love that stuff. Getting myself my own sword and garb is on my list of stuff to buy when I have money.

As for things I like...
+Sci-Fi--ALIENS in particular. (I HAVE ENTIRE SPECIES BIO SHEETS.)
+Fantasy--DRAGONS (Nyernyernyer) ...in particular...
+Threes--don't ask. I'll take three hours of your READING time to explain it.
+Cartoons--Including (but not limited to) Anime, Classic Nicktoons and the occasional Cartoon Network program. I don't watch or not watch something just because of the art style, so I watch a pretty wide variety. But I hardly watch any live action shows, though live action movies are fine--I think it's just the effects that go with the type of show I like to watch just can't be done properly on a television program budget.
+Abridged Series on Youtube--*coughDBZ&ATLAcough*
+Minecraft & Spore--I like creation based games, for some reason...
+Trolling in Real Life--with SCIENCE! No really, try it sometime. It's wonderful.
+Photoshop
+Pokemon--As a VideoGame. Not a fan of the TV show.
+Digimon--Only the TV show in the first...three seasons.
+Pixeling--Though I'm rather lazy at it.
+The color scheme of red, white and black.--Done right, this is the most powerful color combination out there.
+ Philosophizing--I have a lot of spare time and not a lot immediately on hand. That leaves a lot of time for thought.
+Blown Glass--I would really, really love to learn how to do this.
+Coming up with time-warp survival plans--I have decided that if I warp back in time and end up in medieval Europe/Africa/Asia I shall firstly get a dress so I don't get stoned for wearing pants, and secondly make my way to the ocean where I shall make my living selling salt from the sea (I KNOW HOW TO GET IT OUT FOR REALZ.)
--+I also have formulated the ultimate efficiency survival-bucket. Or so I think.
+Steampunk and Techno.
+Three favorite bands: Sonata Artica, Muse & Daft Punk
+The occasional webcomic (Penny Arcade, Awkward Zombie, Riceboy & XKCD)
+Umumum South American culture. A little bit. Um.
+Ninjas.

Um.

Yes, now I have given you a glimpse into my self, the complicated inner-workings between body, mind, soul that define the person known to you only as SilentSkieBlue! Yes! Tremble at the sheer awesomeness that is me!

Oh, and I enjoy doing stuff like this:

"Yo dawg, I heard you like renovating houses, so I turned you into this fish, so you can flip while you flop."
(It's probably funnier in person just cuz I'm so weird and gangly and the joke is so dumb.)
SilentSkieBlue
SilentSkieBlue
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post by Cassowary Mon Apr 25, 2011 10:38 pm

tl;dr sky, you're too interesting for me xD

Ooh, Belegarth! Apparently the campus I'll be at next year has some quad-wide Belegarth fights. Definitely want to find what club sets those up.

You ever seen Static Shock? Old TV show.

Survival Bucket?
Cassowary
Cassowary
Major
Major

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentSkieBlue Tue Apr 26, 2011 12:30 am

Cassowary wrote:tl;dr sky, you're too interesting for me xD

Ooh, Belegarth! Apparently the campus I'll be at next year has some quad-wide Belegarth fights. Definitely want to find what club sets those up.

You ever seen Static Shock? Old TV show.

Survival Bucket?
Heeee, when I'm asked a question I answer to the full 100%. Unless I don't want to. XD

I don't know if a club sets up Belegarth--knew I was spelling it wrong the first time--where you are, but here it's pretty much an independent thing. They got the local college to lend them a room over the winter, but there are big gatherings like Thawbrawl that combine a lot of the area--Nothern Idaho, Western Montana and Eastern Washington. I'd have gone already but my sister didn't go and so I couldn't mooch a ride off her I need to hone my skills just a little bit more. Definitely my favorite physical activity--probably the only one I do, unless you count running for the bus. To be honest, I think it improved my health. I usually lose a few pounds over the winter from getting sick (which is not good, considering how I've been trying to gain weight till now), but I only caught a couple minor colds this year and held a healthy weight. On top of that, I have measurable muscle mass now.

Naw, I've never seen Static Shock. The name sounded familiar, though I didn't recognize the pictures I got on Wikipedia, so maybe I'd seen commercials. I didn't have too many channels as a kid. (Small town cable service.)

As for survival bucket, it's a bucket full of stuff to survive with. Within you must have a tarp, a knife or other similar sharp object (hatchet?) flint, a cuppy thing and some sort of rope.
Oh, and something heavy like a rock that you can afford to leave around, in case you can't find one on your own.

I watch too much Discovery channel for my own good. =D and I get bored a lot.
SilentSkieBlue
SilentSkieBlue
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post by Cassowary Tue Apr 26, 2011 12:35 am

Heh, my school has a fairly Spartan regimen, so no need for extra upkeep. I'm afraid of how much weight I'll gain in college though. I've not the willpower to make myself exercise.

Mm, I see. I haven't found too many people familiar with it.

I don't use a bucket, I have a backpack. Well, used to. I've since deconstructed it, but before it held a ton of stuff. I enjoy reading survival guides/wilderness survival books, and even have an army manual I picked up somewhere. Theoreticals are exciting.
Cassowary
Cassowary
Major
Major

Back to top Go down

Post by Rebsingh Tue Apr 26, 2011 1:16 am

Hi. I'm rebsingh. My name is red. Yep. |D
Rebsingh
Rebsingh
Admin
Admin

http://projectnyoka.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ignite444 Tue Apr 26, 2011 4:03 am

Rebsingh wrote:Hi. I'm rebsingh. My name is red. Yep. |D

LAME! Come on Rebs! XD
ignite444
ignite444
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DragonTamerChris Tue Apr 26, 2011 4:36 pm

ignite444 wrote:
Rebsingh wrote:Hi. I'm rebsingh. My name is red. Yep. |D

LAME! Come on Rebs! XD

But we learned some things about him! We didn't know his name was Rebsingh and had a red name! (I guess this means he approves of this thread. o3o)

Oh and if you guys didn't know I like mudkipz Yoshi's.

DragonTamerChris
DragonTamerChris

Back to top Go down

Post by kakoe52 Tue Apr 26, 2011 5:58 pm

Hrmmm, Im a total night owl and go to sleep around 4am-7am, and wake up around 3pm.. I know its probably not the best set up but I cant really help it.. if I try to sleep earlier I just kind of lay there ^^; I take online classes so it works, too Smile

In my free time I spend my time on forums, facebook, and chats, I spose. Also play lots of video games and draw/sprite c: Technology is definitely my life.

What else what else.. My hair is purple.. and.. I like dyeing my hair, animals, nature, warm (not hot) weather, snow, drawing, art, photography, music, anddd lots more probably, but Im too lazy to post x3
kakoe52
kakoe52
Sergeant
Sergeant

Back to top Go down

Post by Cassowary Tue Apr 26, 2011 6:38 pm

D'ya dye it different colors, or just purple?

I kinda want to add a splash of color to my hair, but since I wear bandannas it's pointless. Nobody would see.
Cassowary
Cassowary
Major
Major

Back to top Go down

Post by kakoe52 Tue Apr 26, 2011 7:58 pm

I just dyed it purple, this is my first time dyeing all of it an unnatural color x3 But in the past it has had red/pink/blue in it c:

I think its really fun to dye hair x3 If you want to try it, go for it! You could do a little strand that hangs out of bangs, or something? I donno!
kakoe52
kakoe52
Sergeant
Sergeant

Back to top Go down

Post by Cassowary Tue Apr 26, 2011 9:13 pm

I'll probably go for something temporary first, just to see how it looks. Three guesses as to what color I'll choose, and the first two don't count.
Cassowary
Cassowary
Major
Major

Back to top Go down

Post by kaerlighed Tue Apr 26, 2011 10:19 pm

I wanted to dye my hair blue. :/

Never did. I just keep adding lighter shades of blond to make it go back to my natural color when i was younger.
kaerlighed
kaerlighed
Sergeant
Sergeant

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum