ProjectNyoka Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Site avatar & Promo

3 posters

Go down

Site avatar & Promo Empty Site avatar & Promo

Post by Indrijid Sat Jul 23, 2011 7:40 pm

I was just wondering how you get an avatar on the Nyoka site. Not the forums obviously xP I had requested one last night so the status changed to "pending." But today it just says "no avatar" Does that mean the image was rejected? If it was (cuz I requested the same one as what I have here) Is it the image itself that's bad or was it the way I requested it? (I used an image hosting site to get the forum code)

My other question is that I'm still not clear on how you follow the clues in the source code. I have the source code and I found the <!-- But I'm not familiar with how to navigate through it, meaning, I need a clue on how to find the clues >.< I don't know what I'm looking for.

Jeez, SO n00b! >n<

...HANG ON A SEC!!! O//o//O oh!, I think I'm on to something! Never mind about my second question. Gah! >.< *feels intelligence has gone down 9 points*

Last edited by Indrijid on Sat Jul 23, 2011 7:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Indrijid
Indrijid
Sergeant
Sergeant

Back to top Go down

Site avatar & Promo Empty Re: Site avatar & Promo

Post by Rhynn Sat Jul 23, 2011 7:46 pm

For the avatar:

You need to have the image uploaded somewhere on the internet already. Copy the URL from that image into the box in your settings and submit it. I get lots of empty avatar requests which I decline, so that's probably where it went wrong Smile

For the promo:

Read what's after the <!--, that should give you a clue as to where to go next. And otherwise I recommend going to the IRC chat to get live help from there Smile That's a bit quicker and easier than helping you through here.
Rhynn
Rhynn
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

http://roccaraven.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ignite444 Sat Jul 23, 2011 7:47 pm

Indrijid wrote:I was just wondering how you get an avatar on the Nyoka site. Not the forums obviously xP I had requested one last night so the status changed to "pending." But today it just says "no avatar" Does that mean the image was rejected? If it was (cuz I requested the same one as what I have here) Is it the image itself that's bad or was it the way I requested it? (I used an image hosting site to get the forum code)

My other question is that I'm still not clear on how you follow the clues in the source code. I have the source code and I found the <!-- But I'm not familiar with how to navigate through it, meaning, I need a clue on how to find the clues >.< I don't know what I'm looking for.

Jeez, SO n00b! >n<

1) You have to use the direct link for an avatar from a picture hosting site, not the forum BBCode.

2) You start at the promo code input page, then follow the hints from there.
ignite444
ignite444
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Indrijid Sat Jul 23, 2011 7:49 pm

^.^ Thank you for the help! <3
Indrijid
Indrijid
Sergeant
Sergeant