ProjectNyoka Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Favorite Genre/s / Music Sharing Thread

+3
Voxezi
TheCompleteAnimorph
SilentSkieBlue
7 posters

Go down

Favorite Genre/s / Music Sharing Thread Empty Favorite Genre/s / Music Sharing Thread

Post by SilentSkieBlue Wed Aug 03, 2011 4:56 pm

Yeah, I'm doing this again. I like sharing things. So sue me.

Anyway, talk about and explore other peoples favorite music here. You can post links to some of your favorite songs in a genre or as an example or whatever. Yeah. Also don't spam people with a particular genre/artist--it may simply be not to their taste. Also don't say "UGH I HATE [THIS GENRE] IT IS THE SOUND OF [VERY BAD SOUND] PLUS [VERY BAD SOUND] [THIS OTHER GENRE] IS 10X BETTER." Some people have different tastes, and yeah.

For instance, I don't really like rap. I don't hate on it, but I've heard maybe one or two raps that I thought were okay. BUT I don't do dissing on rap-lovers. If they like it, that's their deal.

I'll start.

My favorite band is a Finnish Symphonic Power-Metal band called Sonata Arctica. Everybody hears metal and instantly thinks big scary guys with facepaint and tattoos, but some of these guys songs are really soft and pretty, while others are ones that I can't help but jam to. Also they're very clean, believe it or not. I can only recall two bad words ever in any of their songs, and neither of them were very bad words, and each of them only showed up once in the song. Also if you read the lyrics you'll find hidden stories and links in and between the songs, which just blows my mind. If you're looking for a comparison, they've done some stuff with Nightwish, if you know who they are, so that's a little similar.

After that I quite like Techno and some Alternative, mainly Daft Punk and Muse, which I won't go into detail about since quite a few are familiar with them. If you're not, Daft Punk did the new Tron music and Muse made the music used as a theme by "V".

Anyway, because I want to share and be nice, and also see to it that your first exposure to metal is as glorious as possible so I can convert you all to metalheads like myself I'm gonna link to some of my favorite Sonata Arctica songs. And maybe one Muse. I dunno yet.

Everything Fades to Gray <--This one's really well balanced, which is why I've posted it first and outside the spoiler.
Spoiler:

Anyway, I totally get it if metal/rock isn't your thing, but please don't post about how awful it is. It'll break my soul.
SilentSkieBlue
SilentSkieBlue
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Favorite Genre/s / Music Sharing Thread Empty Re: Favorite Genre/s / Music Sharing Thread

Post by TheCompleteAnimorph Wed Aug 03, 2011 5:45 pm

I like Nightwish, so I'll definitely check that out :3

I recently found this weird but really cool song, check it out- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D6b6dnKydJQ
TheCompleteAnimorph
TheCompleteAnimorph
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Favorite Genre/s / Music Sharing Thread Empty Re: Favorite Genre/s / Music Sharing Thread

Post by Voxezi Wed Aug 03, 2011 5:49 pm

I don't like songs without decent melodies.
Techno-poppy-synth-stuff is nice.

Still Alive and Want You Gone are the only songs I've found that I like, although Owl City's songs are good too.

Recently found this song I like:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHg5SJYRHA0

Last edited by Voxezi on Wed Aug 03, 2011 7:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Voxezi
Voxezi

Back to top Go down

Post by Satyr Wed Aug 03, 2011 7:12 pm

I used to hate pop, but now I guess it's 99% of what I listen to, since Lady Gaga's considered pop.
If you haven't already noticed, Lady Gaga's my favorite singer. I think she's amazingly talented, and I love how she blends classic styles with techno. I also think she's an amazing person.
Some of the songs I'm fond of off the top of my head are: Bad Romance, Pokerface, Born This Way, Lovegame, Teeth, Hair, Marry The Night, Speechless, and The Edge of Glory.
I also like Rihanna and Queen.

Satyr
Sergeant
Sergeant

Back to top Go down

Post by PhazonDragon Fri Nov 18, 2011 5:24 pm

*bumps topic*

Ooo Sonata Arctica. I've listened to a number of their songs on Pandora, so I typically enjoy their music. Lovely work, even if I can't pick out a favorite off of the top of my head.

I tend to listen to whatever strikes my fancy, really. My favorite genre might be fantasy metal. :I D'unno. I listen to a lot of stuff.

Recently I've been listening to Sting, Muse, Ludo, A Perfect Circle, Florence + The Machine, and other assorted songs that have found their way into my iTunes playlist.
PhazonDragon
PhazonDragon
Sergeant
Sergeant

Back to top Go down

Post by Zovesta Fri Nov 18, 2011 5:55 pm

I like country. So sue me.

12 Girls Band churn out some great tunes, though, especially Freedom. I basically like all music, but only a handful really strikes me as being great.

That being said, go check out Misty by Ray Stevens.
Zovesta
Zovesta
Sergeant
Sergeant

http://ozkumeti.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by kaerlighed Sat Nov 19, 2011 12:12 am

hmm, im a fan of a lot of different music.

-> Tokio Hotel (German/English)
-> Nickelback (English)
-> Bryan Adams (Englsih)
-> Metalica (English)
-> Radio Radio (Acadian French)
-> Marie Mae (French/English)
-> Kotani Kinya (Japanese/English)

these are a few of the artists i listen too.
kaerlighed
kaerlighed
Sergeant
Sergeant

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down